Wednesday 8 August 2012

Chapter 2.0 The Warning

All I see is blackness, but almost like a safe blackness. It will take care of me and I understand it. Unlike in other dreams, I know for a fact I’m dreaming. I also know that I’m meant to be somewhere, it’s important and I can’t miss it. I walk forward and the blackness turns into a dead looking garden, thorns growing up around the dead flowers.

As I move forward an old hut comes into view, it looks completely abandoned, but I know in myself that someone is in there.

I move forward, pushing the door open with my shoulder. It creaks open and I brush away the spider webs.


 Inside is an old man, leaning on his walking stick staring out the window.

I waited for him to notice me. I looked around, the hut was tiny, a small chair stood in the corner and a bed to the side and that was all.
 “I knew you would come,” the man says turning to face me.

 He looks familiar, I’m sure I’ve seen his face, but when he was younger.
 “Where am I?” I ask slowly, looking around at the strange place.
 “Some would call this a fantasy world, others something else. The people who live here call it Zaran,” he tells me.
 “Why am I here?” I ask next.
 “I called you, against the wishes of many,” he started, then I gasped I knew who he was.

 “You’re my grandfather, Michael Darvill but your dead. At least they say you are,” I interrupt.

 “I’m not dead yet, but I will be soon. They allow me to stay here until my time passes, though they expect respect. I’m an ant amongst giants, and when the time comes to get rid of the ant farm, what can a tiny ant do?” he says, sounding almost lifeless.

 “So why call me here?” I ask again, feeling sorry for him.
 “To deliver a warning, it’s the least I can do after abandoning your mother. Such dark times await you. Something is on its way, something light and dark, and something bad but not evil. My poor Drea, everything is made to be broken and you will be broken indeed,” he tells me and then the scene fades away, to be replaced with blackness.

This time though the darkness doesn’t feel safe, I feel as if it is suffocating me.


I wake up screaming,

Leon comes into my room.

 I tell him I’m fine, and walk to the bathroom. It was just a dream; I reassure myself, just a dream.

At least that’s what I thought until I spotted the dirt on my feet, and two thorns sticking out of my socks. It can’t be, but what if it was true.


 That was the day my memory started to blur, when I was thirteen. Up until then I had a flawless memory. It’s not like I can’t remember I explain it like this. The future to me is like black pen on a white page and the past a yellow pen on a white page. It takes a little more effort, is all. Though the dream and my realization that maybe it was a real place, is the only memory that shines through with golden clarity. The warning terrifies me, because what is that something? I can see my future and it looks fine to me, or at least I make sure it always looks fine.

2 comments:

  1. That warning left me utterly confused!!! What could it possibly mean? I can't wait to find out!


    New chapter's up :)
    http://themasonfamilylegacy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is confusing lol, you'll find out eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete