Thursday 2 August 2012

Chapter 1.19 The End

Project Air may have taken Alexander’s life, but he gave it willingly for his children. No matter how loud he screamed I never left his side, not once until the life drained from his eyes.

Victoria was put in prison, Nicholas they never found. Once the public found out, Project Air was put away forever. Then the scandal was all on us, Sims in Arms had been operated outside of the government. The whole base was shut down and everyone was given jobs at different bases. Alexander was named a hero, after giving his life to stop it. A lot of good that did him.

Drea and Leon were exposed, but instead of dying they lived on. It seemed they truly were immune, like I would have been. Though Project Air didn’t leave them completely unscathed, they came out with what some might call superpowers. Drea saw the future or could if she wanted; normally she respected people’s privacy. Leon didn’t have the luxury, when he came into contact with people, he would instantly know big things that had happened in their past. Braden told me never to tell anyone, not that I need him to tell me that.

“You knew this was going to happen,” I accused him one day.
                   
He shrugged and said, “It’s what had to happen.”
“You could have done it or me,” I snapped at him.
“Angel, you had to live to bring up to children, it would have taken too long to explain to you. If the twins had been in there any longer they might not have escaped. As for me, I can’t die here. I’m too important and I’m sorry if that sounds insensitive but it’s the truth,” he said slowly then walked away.

 I had listened on quietly because these were words that hurt. Anger was what I felt when I thought about Braden, he left a few weeks later. Then I began to reason, that he gave me the choice, he had told me the choices those around me make he couldn’t stop.

Slowly time began to heal the wounds that had been opened. It was now known as the great Twinbrook disaster. I stayed in military village; I think it was to be able to hold onto my memories of Alexander. We were the only family that still lived there. Ariel and John separated, Ariel wanted something other than the military and John didn’t. I remember going over there one day, finding Ariel on the floor in her nightdress just repeatedly asking, “Why is there so much blood?” She lost her baby and that hit her hard. She moved to Appaloosa Plains, and brought some horses. Victoria’s twins are ferried between their two grandparents.

I decided to do the one thing I knew how to do. I took a job at the hospital, which Olivia managed to get me. A roundabout journey it was, just to end up being a doctor again. Drea became very reclusive; she only remained friends with Daniel and Leon. It wasn’t that she couldn’t make friends, it’s almost like she didn’t want to. Leon went the other end of the scale, he and Daniel got into sports and turned out to be a popular jock.
 

This will be my last entry; I decided to give this journal to Drea. I don’t know why maybe because a girl is more likely to write in a journal. Although in all honesty I think I’m giving it to her, because she tends to bottle up all her feelings and maybe writing it down will help her. When I look back on my life, I don’t think I would have changed it. Be it that I was destined to live this life, or that it was by complete chance, I’ll take it gladly the happy points and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment