Tuesday 31 July 2012

Chapter 1.18 A Reason To Die

“This is the back entrance of Room 232,” Braden told me as we went through a door at the end of the corridor.
 “How come nobody notices that all this is abandoned or that the base is way bigger than anyone is ever told?” I asking, wondering how I had never noticed.
 “People have a bad habit in believing what their told, sometimes they forget to be curious,” he replied. We kept walking and I was left wondering how we were going to see Nicholas without him knowing we were there. Braden stopped suddenly in front of a door and I nearly walked into him.
 “Just agree with everything I say,” Braden whispered before he walked through the door, I followed him. 

The room was an office and in it was Victoria and Nicholas and it looked like we had interrupted their reunion.

 Victoria stepped back and said, “Braden, I didn’t think you would be so quick.”
 “Well I was, so is everything ready?” he asked giving me a look.
 Nicholas nodded, looking me up and down, “As long as she’s ready?”
 Braden was looking at me and I knew I was expected to say something so I muttered, “I am.”
 “Then we’ll prepare Project Air for full-scale exposure, to be honest I didn’t think you would get her to agree,” Victoria said.

 Braden nodded, “Me either, let’s go.”
 Nicholas shook his head and smiled, “You go; I just want to talk to Angel for a bit.”

 If Braden was worried he didn’t show it, just nodded and walked out with Victoria. As for me I was freaking out considering I had no idea what was happening.

 “So how’s my brother he certainly doesn’t know about this. He has such concern for people and I hear I have a niece and nephew,” he said, all I was thinking was I don’t want to be here.
Why should I even trust Braden, but I did that was the problem. From the moment I meet him, I trusted him completely.
 “No he doesn’t know,” I said, refusing to talk about Drea and Leon with him.

 “So why are you here? I know for a fact you’re not here for the reason Victoria thinks. So do let me in on the secret, I won’t tell anyone I promise,” he said and I started feeling sick. There was something about him that I just couldn’t take.
 Since I had no idea why I was even here, I decided to tell him the truth. “Because I trust Braden,” I told him.
 “Interesting,” then he grabbed my arm, pulling me out the door, forcefully.
 “Let go of me,” I cried. What did he think he was doing anyway?

 He didn’t seem to hear me at all, just kept pulling me. The more I struggled the harder he held me. He pulled a door open and then pushed me into a room; I fell down against the wall hard. Nicholas slammed the door shut, I ran up to the door screaming and hitting the door with me fists.

 Finally I decided just to wait, I sat down. It seemed like hours had gone by, but in truth I didn’t really know. I shook my head waking up, I didn’t even realise I had been asleep. How long had it been? I really hoped the twins were fine, where was Braden wasn’t it time he came and saved me, from wherever I am.

 The door opened and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Alexander at the door and not anyone else.
 He came over and hugged me, “Angel I’ve been worried all night.”

 “You and me both,” I muttered.
 “Braden said we have to go meet him. He told me what was happening last night, about the full-scale exposure and stuff,” Alexander said.
 “Wait, I’m confused, why was I locked up. What do they mean full-scale exposure?” I said trying to process exactly what was happening.
 “According to Braden Nicholas said you were a liability and that he would do your job. So he locked you up so you didn’t warn me. As for full-scale exposure, that’s what Nicholas and Victoria have been working on. They are going to expose everyone in the base; apparently Nicholas is convinced that if lots are people are exposed, it’ll work. Braden on the other hand, said it’ll kill everyone, and I’m inclined to agree,” Alexander explained.

 “What was my job?” I asked him.
 “You were meant to open the cage that holds Project Air before everyone came in. Braden really didn’t tell you anything did he?” Alexander said.
 “No that big circle opens?” I asked.

 “Yeah but we have to go now, before Nicholas opens it Braden has already starting getting everyone out of the base, then he’ll meet us. Though if Nicholas opens it, someone has to close it in the room,” Alexander said and I got the point that person would end up being exposed.

 We found Braden waiting for us, just up the hall. “Nicholas doesn’t know I’ve evacuated the base, but he will. Victoria’s already gone to call them in for the meeting. Sorry the quickest way is to go through Room 232,” he explained quickly.

I was confused, weren’t we already in Room 232 but when we entered through the door I understood everything. I think the first thing that I heard was the noise I held my ears it was so loud. People screamed from beds where they were being held down. Braden headed through it and I keep my head down. Who were these people? When we finally made it out I breathed a sigh of relief, but I wasn’t happy to come face to face with Nicholas and Victoria. 

“Who were those people?” Alexander exploded. Victoria answered,

“They were merely homeless people, whom we gave a reason to die too.”

 “You’re sick,” I said disgusted.
 “No you are for ruining my plan, but don’t worry payback comes back easily. It’s opening,” Nicholas said shooting us all an evil stare.

 “It will shut after it’s fully open,” Braden said looking down.
 “Too bad, you’re twins are in their to be exposed. You taught them to be far too trusting,” Nicholas said. No, that can’t be right. My sweet innocent twins couldn’t end up like that.

 “Someone has to turn it off,” Braden said.
 “I’ll go,” Alexander said without thought.
 “You can’t, I can’t lose you,” I said.
 “I’m the only who knows how to do it, I love you,” he said giving me a kiss, and then he was gone.

 “No,” I cried but it was far too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment