Wednesday 11 July 2012

Chapter 1.11 Seek and You Shall Find

I breathed out in annoyance, as I twisted on my seat yet again.


The room was hot, stuffy, and I had been waiting for a good twenty minutes. Not to mention I wasn't quite sure what I was meant to say, when the person who I was waiting for came into the room. A sound outside the door caught my attention as I turned around to see a heavily pregnant woman enter the room.

Victoria Chambers the woman I had heard so much about it.

 "Sorry I'm late. Had an emergency to deal with," she said sitting down.
 "Thats okay...maam," I repiled, unsure of how I was actually meant to talk to her.
 "Anyway knowing Ariel I'm sure you already know why your here. I'm moving you to the Project Air side of the base," she told me barely looking at me, as if I didn't have a choice in the matter.
 "Excuse me but I'm not really interested in moving. I'm declining, sorry maam," I said trying to hide the annoyance in my voice, did she really think after everything I was going to just accept.

 "Oh my dear Angel don't you understand I'm not asking I'm ordering. If you do decline, you'll find yourself out of a job, are we clear?," she asked looking at me like I was stupid.

 "We're perfectly clear," I said my voice frosty, I didn't like her at all.

 She then told me that Ariel would give me my orders tomorrow. As soon as I got out of the base, I tried calling Alexander. I hadn't heard from him, since Ariel told me which was two days ago. Of course it went straight to answer phone, I left a message saying I needed to talk to him as soon as possible. I had kind of hoped that he would have just fixed this whole thing.
 "Oh hi Angel," said a voice behind me Angelica.

 I turned around, "Hey, how are you?"
 "Great, actually just about to attend a talk, by Braden Smith. Its so amazing, hes a legend in his fields," she said her eyes lighting up.

 I was hearing that name way to much, "fields?," I questioned.
 "Yes, he excels in more than just one not just medical. Anyway I thought you would know that since your related," she repiled.
 Related? That could mean he was the same one who buried my father, "Yeah, we're not that close," I told Angelica.

 "Oh well he talks about you, bye," she said walking into the base.

 I returned home more than a little confused, why did a person I had never met talk about me? Just before I was about to go to bed later, I heard the door knock. I opened to a man I had met before.
 "You," I said amazed, the man who had basically led me to Nicholas.

 "Yes I would love to come inside, so glad you asked," he repiled pushing pass me.
 "Wait, no what are you doing?," I asked in confusion.
 "Sitting down, you should get a new seat, its not very comfortable," he told me sitting down.

 "Who are you?," I asked getting angry.
 "I'm Braden Smith, my father was Jayden Smith close to your mother Elizabeth I believe," he said, giving me a weird look.
 "And you buried my father too right?," I asked sitting down beside him.

 "Yes I did, he's a good man your father. He did a very good deed," he said his eyes clouded.
 "What do you mean?," I asked cautionsly.
 "Doesn't matter. Anyway I thought it was time to visit since I was by the base anyway giving a talk. Now that I've visited its time for me to go," he said standing up again.
 "Wait no I need to talk to you about Shang Simla," I told him.
 He looked back and shook his head sadly and said, "Don't you understand I've given you everything to answer your questions. Seek and you shall find as the old saying goes."
 Then he left without giving me time to even stand up.

 The man who had asked me to find something for him in Shang Simla, leading me right into Nicholas hands. Except I didn't understand what he meant about giving me all the answers, he could of just given me a straight answer. The whole visit had been weird, and I didn't understand any of it. Hes crazy, except of course I knew he wasn't, after all hes a legend in all his fields. Arghh, everything is so complicated, I might as well just forget about, surely everything will come out in the end. My phone rang and thankfully it was Alexander ringing.

 "Hey, where have you been?," I asked.
 "Sorry about being away, I'll be back Saturday the morning of Olivias wedding. I know I should have told you I was going away or rang sooner, but I just wasn't in a good place," he told me.
 "Umm where are you going?," I asked a little uncertainly.
 "To see Nicholas, me and him need to have a really good talk," he said his voice sounding really angry. "Wait what is this about?," I said, what was he even angry about?

 "Nothing don't worry, sorry about not being able to get you out of working in Project Air. Victoria was not really interested in discussing it. Got to go bye," he said distantly.
 "Bye," I said, rather confused. Seriously what was up with people today, I had no idea why Alexander was seeking out Nicholas and I knew it wasn't going to end well.

 "So you see its pretty amazing right. I mean did you ever think such a thing as Project Air was resting right under your nose?," Ariel asked me, smiling.

 "No, never," I said trying to sound amazed, she had spent the moring giving me a tour of the Project Air faclities. Which I will admit I did find interesting and it didn't seem that bad. Then a huge double door caught my eye or rather the sign beside it caught my Room 232. I thought it would be small but it looked like it led to a whole different area of the base.
 "Where does that lead?," I asked pointing at the door.

 "Oh Room 232. Its restricted Victorias area, even I haven't been in there. Come to think of it I haven't actually seen anyone but Victoria go through there," she said.
 "Wait restricted, I thought Project Air would be in there, isn't that like the most restricted thing here?," I said, but then I remembered something Alexander said about there being more restricted things than Project Air.
 "Who knows?," Ariel shrugged, "anyway your going just start off under Mayflower Hart, it will be like basic patrol of Project Air, you know around the big circle that holds it. Lucky you normally people start as far away from Project Air as possiblt, but Victoria told me you had to be close to it. Must be because of you and Alexander," Ariel said.

 "Must be," I said, but somehow I doubted, I had a feeling that Victoria Chambers wanted me near Project Air for a complete different reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment