Monday 9 July 2012

Chapter 1.10 There's No Grey Areas


"You look fine," Alexander said again rolling his eyes.
     
  "Its pink, like pink. I'm not sure I want to be seen in public," I replied, silently cursing Olivia. We had always agreed that we were going to be each others bridesmaids but I don't remember agreeing on pink.                                                                                                                                                           "You look fine," he repeated again and then added, "are you sure this isn't your way of telling me you don't like the idea of this wedding."                                                                                                                                   "No, I mean yes. Its just you know what their like... and its all happening so fast. Don't tell me you think they would be getting married if Livvy wasn't pregnant," I muttered feeling like a horrible friend.                                                                                                                                                                             Alexander pulled me into a hug and said, "There's two weeks before the wedding so I think its a little late for doubt. Plus its their love life, their choice."                                                                                                               
                                                                                               
"Fine, I'll stop worrying and I'll go to the wedding looking like a pink bobble," I joked.      

The problem was I wasn't going to stop worrying. It wasn't about Issac either, he was growing on me I guess. Its just that Livvy and Issac were a rollercoaster of a couple, they could go from being so in love to screaming their heads in a space of a minute. I was seeing a side of Olivia I had never seen before and to be honest I wasn't entirely sure I liked it. On the other hand me and Alexander were great, the last couple months we had become inseperable. Plus he got on alot with Olivia and Issac, so Olivia approved of him. It was stupid of me to think I needed her approval, but she was like the only family I have. Work was basically the same, my blood tests had been changed from weekly to monthly which was great. In fact all in all things were going perfectly for me, which gave me the feeling something was about to go terribly wrong. 

"Congratulations Angel," Ariel said rushing in, I swear she thought my house was hers.                                        

"On what?," me and Alexander said at the same time.                                                                                                           "On being able to work with me. Trust me its a total privilege not working with me that came out wrong, I mean its a privilege working for the part of the base I work in," she said.                                        
"What do you mean?," I asked cautionsly, I could already tell Alexander was frowning and I could understand why, that was the Project Air side.                                                                                                                    

"Victoria told me. She said John had recommended you or something. Oh goodness try and act suprised when she tells you," Ariel said excitedly.                                                                                        
 "I have to go," Alexander muttered walking fastly out, before I had a chance to say anything.                    

"Whats wrong with him? Actually don't answer that I know. Is this your dress for the wedding you look pretty, though pinks really not your colour. To be honest its more mine, can I have it?," she said giving me an odd look.                                                                                                                                                

"Yeah sure," I said absent-mindely, I wasn't really listening. I was trying to work out what Victoria had hoped to gain by offering me a job.                      
"I was joking and your acting weird. Thought you would be more you know happy like a normal person. Anyway I'm going to go, got a date with John. Someone left this at your door as well," she repiled handing me a envelope.                                                                                                                

"Have fun," I called as she left, looking down at the envelope. All it had was my name on it in handwriting I had never seen before. I opened it a little bit worried, I mean who had even sent it. All it said was: Room 232 Sims in Arms Military Base.                                                                                                                            Now I was seriously freaked out, for one why did anyone send this and two where was room 232 I had never heard of it. I shook my head, someone is playing a pratical joke, best just to forget about it. Though I doubted it, because before someone had tried to help me find out things, so I was guessing Room 232 was important for some reason. If I happen to stumble across it, while working I'll take a look, if not it doesn't matter anyway.        

I almost screamed when my phone ringed, maybe I was more freaked out than I thought. Though it was just Livvy asking about the dress again and inviting me to go shopping for baby supplies, which I said yes to since I didn't really want to stay here.                                                                          
"So are you thinking boy or girl?," Livvy asked as we sat down after a couple of hours of shopping in which Livvy brought nothing.                                                                                                                            

"Umm boy, what do you want?," I asked, it was weird how that hadn't come up in to conversation until now.                                                                                                                                                                        "Boy, Issac wants a girl but I've always wanted a boy first," she replied, rubbing her non-existant baby bump.                                                                                                                                                                     "How come we never talked about this when we were younger. We never mentioned weddings or babies, its weird," I said wondering what we had talked about.                                          
"Maybe we were realistic, we knew we weren't going to get married have children any time soon. Not that I didn't think about it," she said.                                                                                                              
"I suppose. I swear our younger selves would slap us now if we knew that you were getting married to Issac Tate and I actually liked him," I joked.                                                                                                

Livvy laughed and I couldn't help but burst out laughing to.                                                                                                
"Its easier when your younger, things are so black and white. We don't see all the gray areas in between," she said slowly.                                                                                                                                                  I tended to disagree like my mother had said in her letter the line's not blurred at all. All though I swear things would be so much easier if it were.                                                                                          
"Thats the problem, things are black and white, theres no grey areas," I whispered more to myself than to Olivia.  


No comments:

Post a Comment