Wednesday 9 May 2012

Prologue

If your reading this it means I'm gone. If your reading this you grew up without a mother. For that I am truly sorry. I know what it's like I was an orphan, just thank the grand Watcher you still have a Father. I'm not here to tell you about my life, you may find it interesting but writing about it would bore me. No this is a short letter to tell you about my best friend and the reason for this book.

Jayden Smith gave me life when I had given up on living. He reminded me that life was an adventure that noone deserved to miss out on. Jayden was a thinker, an adventurer he never stayed in one place for long. He did some work for the science lab and police department. He never planned on staying in Twinbrook, that was until he met me. He stayed until the day I was happy, until the day I married your father. Damn that stupid man, he never even came to the wedding. My father my have given life to me, but it was Jayden who taught me to love it. In all respects I viewed him as my father.

I met him when I was standing next to the sea, considering whether or not I should just go into the water and never come out.

 "If you do it, you'll miss out on all the fun", he said how he knew what I was considering I'll never know.
"What fun?", I snapped turning to face him.

"The fun of fumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch. Admittely it's not fun in the moment, but its hilarous afterwards", he said.

"I guess", I muttered because he was right.
After that he made me cocoa, told me stories and like that our friendship was sealed. What would come next was afternoons of homework, nights of movies and games, plus an unbreakable friendship.



He taught me many things but the most important I will relate to you now. "What happened to your family?", I asked him one day.

 "You know, Elizabeth there is not blurred line between right and wrong, its the clearest line in the world. The thing is our minds tricks us into believing its blurred, becuase doing the right thing will always hurt you. Believe me, I know", he said in reply.

 One small fact about Jayden, he did know. He lost his entire family doing the right thing.

I always planned on seeing the world with Jayden. Then I met your father and all of a sudden I didn't want to anymore.

 When I told Jayden I was going to marry him, he was happy and maybe just a little bit sad.


 The day before the wedding I went round to see him.
  "You know you have always been like a daughter to me. So I want you to have this it was my mothers", he said handing me a gift,
 It was a wedding dress I tried it on and loved it.

"Will you walk me down the aisle?", I asked.
"Of course", he said, hugging me.

Liar. He left leaving me and Micheal the house I had come to know so well.

I was angry with him but what I came to realise is Jayden is like the wind. He comes and he goes and like the wind you can't control him. So this book is what I call a Dear Jayden book, I want you and your children to write in it like they are writing to their best friends, as Jayden was mine. I fear I will not survive to see you my darling child, so be strong and couragous and make me proud.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting start. I wonder why he left, or if he'll ever come back... but I like it :) Anxious to read more, as always x3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you on the forums I would start reading! Look we have the same name! :) Cute start, can't wait to catch up.

    ReplyDelete