Thursday 31 May 2012

Chapter 1.4 Clarity

"You know you did quite well, time to start work I believe", the other man replied to him.
"Thank you, I'm looking forward to continuing my work...but properly this time", Nicholas replied to him.
What was his work? Why was I even here?
"Good your home will be here from now on," the man replied.
"Oh and if I find out Sims in Arms know anything about this, I'll hold you personally responsible, and trust me you don't want that to happen," Nicholas said, a sinster smile appearing on his face.
"Is that a threat?", the man said outraged.
"No, would I threaten you? Its a promise and I never break my promises, so watch your back", he said, still smiling.
The other man frowned and walked away, I wasn't sure why he was just taking that, but I guess whatever Nicholas was working on had something to do with it.
Nicholas then pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number. "I'm here, prepare to bring it in. I want full survelliance on this place, I'm talking guards, snipers everything, oh and anybody trespassing is killed on sight. Understand", he said.


I gulped. I really didn't want to be here right now.

Nicholas walked into the barn/house not really sure what to call it and I decided to chose now to get out of here.

I moved as fast and as quietly as I could and as soon as I was outer of range I ran.

It wasn't until I was back at the market, I realised maybe I should of stayed to see what was coming in, but wouldn't that be unnesscarily putting my life at risk. I also realised that the man I had gone to get the package for had been talking to the man Nicholas met.
I saw him at the market and decided to talk to him, dig for information. "Have you seen the man that wanted me to get his package?", I asked innocently.

"No, he hasn't come back at all, said he cancelled his meeting to get it after you refused. Its not that far to the Dragon's Maw anyway", he said dismissively.
"Oh okay, I guess he went home, I was going to apoligise", I muttered.

"Yeah", the man said walking away.

So that person had lied to me the Dragon's Maw was in the opposite direction, so maybe he wanted me to stumble upon the spot. Why, though when he's not even here to tell me? My mind kept telling me this was wrong. Nicholas didn't want Sims in Arms to know what he was up to, so it was obviously illegal and someone had obviously been buried in the ground. He probably had contacts in Sims in Arms as well, considering everyone believed it was him that died. Maybe Victoria Chambers she was engaged to him, maybe thats why Alexander didn't sound happy when he said her name, but I was jumping to conclusions again. I needed facts, and the only place to get them, was from Nicholas Graham I had to go back, no matter what the personal cost.

I went back at nighttime, sneaking out of the base camp. I felt guilty I hadn't said anything to Olivia, but she would of persuaded me not to go. I was bargaining on that fact that Nicholas won't have had time to get all his security in place. I would just sneakily come in and out, no harm done to anyone. Of course my mind knew that I was lying to myself, but it wasn't like I had a choice. It wasn't because I was curious, I was doing this because Nicholas was doing something bad I could feel it. My feelings had been right about his death being off and I was sure they were going to be right again.

I made my way to the little house again and saw Nicholas outside talking to a guard by the looks of it.

He pointed somewhere and they began to walk away, I pounced on the chance and went to investigate the house. There was nothing really on the first floor but soon enough I found stairs, I followed then down, knowing that if Nicholas came back I was well, dead.

There was a little room filled with scientfic equipment and then another door made of steel and beyond that another door made of stone. What were they hiding, it obviously needed to be protected. I thought about many things in the few seconds of deciding when to go in there, home, life, the people who had become my family. Then I thought about Alexander and his mother, Nadia and the lie they had both been told.

I went through. Opening that stone door frightened me, I couldn't explain my way out of this one, if I got caught it was going to be the end. I opened the door to a brillant, dazzling light, and in it I saw clarity, I saw my life so clearly, for a second, before everything went black.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what is going to happen?!?!?! I wants to know! This is really good. There are a few typos but other than that this is really well written. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad that you're liking it and I know I need to work on the typos arghh!! lol

      Delete